Our Global telecom client is looking for a DevOps engineer who has a development background, you are also capable of navigating large codebases and uncovering the complexity in existing systems. You are open to giving and receiving feedback, participating in code reviews and design discussions. In addition to the above, you are nimble and able to remain effective when priorities shift.
What you’ll be doing:
- Site Reliability Engineering
- Build tools for automating deployment, monitoring and operations of the overall stack
- Gain deep understanding of our existing platforms
- Contribute to technical design and architecture discussions
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that development standards are adhered to
- Design and implement features of increasing complexity
- Own and ensure that internal SLA’s go above and beyond expectations
- Collaborate closely with other internal stream-aligned teams
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide application support, incident management, and solve problems
- Collaborate in a remote-first environment
- Contribute back to upstream OSS when appropriate
- Share knowledge and act as a trusted mentor to junior team members.
- Own projects or features from conception to release
- Balance the need to ship code quickly with the need to make sound technical decisions.
Your Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years professional experience in a software engineering environment
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools (eg. Terraform)
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience with Continuous Integration concepts and tools
- Experience delivering highly available and reliable systems
- Experience mentoring others
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid working background in Linux
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Exposure to multiple programming languages
- Background in private cloud (Openstack) or AWS
Please fil the following form to apply.
All fields are required